Becoming an Educator
Our Macquarie Valley Family Day Care educators operate their Family Day Care business in their own home with the support of Coordination Unit staff. Educators program and plan for children to support them to learn, grow and discover in a safe and secure environment.
The Family Day Care business model offers educators the opportunity to work from home.
Essential Criteria for Becoming an Educator:
- Have a minimum Certificate III in Children’s Services or working towards gaining a Certificate III in children’s services. (Educator assistant does not need to met the Certificate II in Children’s Services requirement).
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Possess and maintain a current approved First Aid Certificate, undertaken approved training in Emergency Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis management.
- Have a completed Working with Children Check.
- Participate in professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Have current awareness of the child protection law and the obligations under this law.
- Sign and abide by the Educator Agreement annually.
- Work in-accordance with Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Children (Education and Care Services Law Application) Act 2010.
- Obtain medical certification that they are in good health and free from any medical conditions or dependency on any medication that may affect their ability to care for children.
- A genuine interest, knowledge and experience in children, their learning and development.
- A professional attitude and commitment to the aims of the service in the provision of high quality care.
- Good physical health, agility, maturity and emotional stability.
- The ability to communicate with both adults and children.
- A level of awareness and sensitivity towards the diverse needs of children and their families. Respect for a range of cultures, religions and abilities.
We’re always happy to welcome new educators to our amazing Macquarie Valley Family Day Care team.
For more information please phone our Family Day Care Coordination unit on 02 6889 1368 or contact via email:Find Macquarie Valley Family Day Care on Facebook