$600,000 allocated to Narromine Shire Medical Centre Upgrades
Narromine Shire Council recently invested $600,000 into the Medical Centre for necessary building upgrades which will allow for additional services within
The projects undertaken at the Medical Centre have included;
- Extensions to the existing building including 3 additional consulting rooms, a pathology waiting room and an additional pathology collection room.
- Internal renovations adding an additional office space for visiting or tele-health specialists.
- New staff room and meeting spaces.
The new upgrades allow for a number of extra services including an additional 2.5 doctors onsite (6.5 doctors in total) and the attraction of specialists
through both visiting and tele-health appointments.
Staff at the Medical Centre are very impressed with the new upgrades saying it’s a win for the community, a win for the staff and a win for the economic
future of the Narromine Shire.
With the new upgrades it will continue to ensure Narromine Shire Medical Centre has room for growth to sustain the communities’ needs and to make it attractive
for more doctors to move to the Shire.
Narromine Shire Council’s Mayor, Cr Craig Davies said improving the health services within the Narromine Shire is part of our overall delivery plan within
“It’s great to see Council investing in the Medical Centre to support local General practitioners and services provided to the community”.
“The new upgrades will ensure excellent health care for the Narromine Shire community well into the future, offering expanded services and upgraded facilities”
An open day will be announced once final renovations and upgrades have been completed.
Further Media Contacts:
- Narromine Shire Council Mayor, Cr Craig Davies T: 0429 887 707
- Narromine Shire Council, General Manager, Jane Redden T: 0407 438 422