Waste Education Plan
Annual Waste Education Plan (WEP) are development for both Narromine Shire Council and Dubbo Regional Council as part of the recycling collection contract with J.R Richards & Sons.
The Waste Education Plan have been developed to provide the framework for an extensive educational program targeting all sectors of the community. This has been developed and delivered by EnviroCom in ongoing collaboration with the Councils.
The aims of the initiatives included in WEP 2016-17 are in line with those of previous years and include to:
- reduce contamination in the Councils’ Recycling Collection Services;
- promote waste minimisation through increased knowledge and capacity building;
- increase participation rates in the Councils’ Recycling Collection Service; and
- empower the community with knowledge and skills concerning waste minimisation issues and techniques.
Programs that will be delivered through WEP 2016-17 include:
- School Environmental Management Program (Stages 1-3, Dubbo)
- Early Learning Centres Program (Dubbo and Narromine)
- Early Learning Centre Staff Professional Development Session (Dubbo and Narromine)
- Primary School Education Program (Narromine)
- Pop-up Display event (Dubbo Show)
- Public Place Recycling and Waste Signage Update
- Waste and Recycling Tour Resource
- Council’s School Programs Summary Handout
- Contamination Stickers (to replace hot stamps on recycling bin lids)
|Waste Education Plan 2016 - 20171,200 KB|