Noxious Weed Property Inspections

Narromine Shire Council is undertaking noxious weed property inspections throughout the local government area to identify any noxious weed growth and provide assistance and information to landholders to ensure they comply with the Noxious Weeds Act 1993.

Council undertakes inspections to assist landholders in the management of noxious weeds. Without the help from landholders Council will lose the battle against the spread of noxious weeds in the community and the environment.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I stop the inspection from taking place?
No, the inspection is required by law to be conducted. Council has fully trained staff who will conduct the inspection.

Can I be there during the inspection?
Yes, you have the right to be present during the inspection. If you wish to be present contact Councils Noxious Weeds Officer and a time will be made when you are home to have the inspection carried out.

How long will it take?
This depends on how large the property is and how easy it is to access the property.

What happens if I have noxious weeds growing on my property?
This is the sole purpose of undertaking the inspection. After the inspection a detailed report together with any action that may be required will be forwarded to you, the registered landowner.

What if I can’t undertake the work required or need more time?
Council staff are available to discuss any issues you may have confidentially, and are there to be of assistance in dealing with weed related matters.

What if I don’t agree with the information on the report?
You should contact the Noxious Weeds Officer to discuss any matter.

Is there any help available to control weeds on my property?
Yes, council has a range of options and programs that may be of assistance to you. Please contact the Noxious Weeds Officer for further information.

What happens if my property is rented or leased?
You may have to notify your agent or the tenant that a property inspection is being carried out or call Council with the details so contact can be made with the tenants. The final inspection report will only be sent to the registered landowner.

What happens if my gate is locked and the inspection couldn’t proceed?
A second inspection will be scheduled and the property will be inspected on this occasion.

Is there any cost involved?
No not for the initial inspection.

What happens if I don’t clean up my weed problem?
Council has a range of options available to assist you. Council can enter the property and undertake the work for you at cost however, this will only occur as a last resort.

Things you Need to Do on the Day of the Inspection