Waste Education Plan
Annual Waste Education Plan (WEP) are development for both Narromine Shire Council and Dubbo Regional Council as part of the recycling collection contract with J.R Richards & Sons.
The Waste Education Plan have been developed to provide the framework for an extensive educational program targeting all sectors of the community. This has been developed and delivered by EnviroCom in ongoing collaboration with the Councils.
The aims of the initiatives included in WEP 2017-18 are in line with those of previous years and include to:
- reduce contamination in the Councils’ Recycling Collection Services;
- promote waste minimisation through increased knowledge and capacity building;
- increase participation rates in the Councils’ Recycling Collection Service; and
- empower the community with knowledge and skills concerning waste minimisation issues and techniques.
Programs that will be delivered through WEP 2017-18 include:
- School Environmental Management Program
- Early Learning Centres Program (Dubbo and Narromine)
- Early Learning Centre Staff Professional Development Session (Dubbo and Narromine)
- Primary School Education Program (Narromine)
- Council’s School Programs Summary Handout
- Decrease waste to landfill
- Increase resource recovery
- Community Group Recycling Workshop
|Waste Education Plan 2017-181,200 KB|