Emerging Business and Development Opportunities
Stimulating employment, general population growth and the attraction of new businesses are essential elements in building a sustainable region.
This growth will be achieved by:
- Retaining the benefits from the agricultural and mining industries
- Minimising the leakage of consumer spending from the Narromine Shire
- Maximising local and regional tourism opportunities
- Advancing major projects
- Supporting investment from a wide range of investors, including State and Federal Governments.
Investment and business opportunities within the Narromine Shire have predominately centred on agricultural based activities. Whilst the agricultural sector remains the ‘backbone’ of the region, a range of business opportunities are emerging:
- Manufacturing and Specialist industries – aviation related
- Aged care facilities
- Tourism product development
- Home-based businesses