Community Vision and Values
In 2022, Narromine Shire will be: A highly desirable place to live, work and conduct business, and where shire residents care for one another and the natural environment.
To enhance our Shire’s image, lifestyle and environment through effective leadership, community involvement and commitment to serve.
Our Values and Principles
That guide the Council will be:
- Council will practice and display civic leadership, integrity, a willingness to consult with shire residents, accountability and transparency;
- Council services will be accessible and affordable for all shire residents;
- Council services will not compete with commercial service providers or duplicate services from another organisation;
- Council will be supportive of volunteers, service clubs and other groups who wish to contribute to public use facilities, services and community wellbeing;
- Council places high value on the proper management, protection and where required, restoration, of the natural environment.
- Council will encourage new business development in the shire which contributes to the social and economic strength of the shire community, and which will not impact negatively on the natural environment.