Job Opportunities with Narromine Shire Council
Narromine Shire Council often invites applications to vacancies within it's workforce. With attractive benefits and a variety of employment opportunities working at Council can be a very rewarding career.
Positions are advertised in the local media as well as available on this website. All current positions vacant are listed on this page.
Benefits of working for Council
- Work/life balance
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- Relocation allowance (depending on position)
- Salary Sacrificing available for items such as cars, laptops.
Applying for a position at Council
To apply for a position at Narromine Shire Council you need to:
- Complete the job application form available under the vacant position
- Addressing the selection criteria of essential and desirable as listed in the position description is the most important part of your application
- After your cover letter, attach a statement “Addressing the Selection Criteria” detailing how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications meet the criteria
- Attach a current resume to your application and email to email@example.com
Telephone reference checks are carried out on the preferred applicant(s) for a position after interviews are completed. Normally at least two referees will be contacted and asked to validate information provided by the applicant both written and verbal.
Please ensure you have provided current contact details for at least two referees who have supervised your work and if possible one of the two should be your current supervisor.
The selection panel will ask if you wish to be contacted prior to Council contacting your referees.
Completed applications must be received before the advertised closing date and time.
Phone: 02 6889 9999