Sports & Recreation
Sport and Recreation Facilities
Narromine Shire is well known for its rich traditions of sporting and recreational activities and offers a range of indoor and outdoor sporting facilities, grounds and venues to cater for a broad range of community needs.
Council's sporting grounds can be booked for sporting events, community sport and school sports. To book sporting grounds or ovals please use both forms below.
Sport & Fitness Centre
Sport and Fitness Centre
- Narromine Sports and Fitness Centre is located at 12A Meringo St, Narromine. The centre features 2 indoor courts, plenty of spectator space,
as well as a 24/7 gymnasium.
Indoor Sports Centre
- Two multi-purpose courts are available for hire for a range of sporting and community events. Courts are line marked for basketball, netball,
soccer and volleyball.
- For more information about court hire, please contact Council’s Infrastructure and Engineering Services team on 6889 9940.
- In July 2017, Council launched 24/7 access to the gymnasium located at the Narromine Sports and Fitness Centre. There are several categories
of membership available including subsidized rates for seniors and students, weekly, monthly, 6 monthly or annual memberships. When purchasing
a membership, a $10.00 refundable deposit is required for an electronic access key which will grant access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Memberships can be purchased from Council’s Customer Service and Payments Centre, located at 118 Dandaloo Street, Narromine.