Employment Lands Focus and Strategy
The Employment Lands Focus and Strategy is tightly aligned with the Narromine Shire Council Economic Development Strategy 2018-2021 which represents a fresh and coordinated approach to improving the economic wellbeing of the Narromine Region, leading to an improved quality of life for residents and an enhanced experience for visitors to the Shire.
Further to this, the strategy brings together information on economic strengths, needs and opportunities in an action plan that supports a cohesive
and prosperous business environment for all areas in the Narromine Shire.
The Employment Lands Focus and Strategy will therefore aim to guide future decision making by Council and other stakeholders by:
- Considering the drivers for economic growth and emerging industries;
- Identifying and supporting the economic development of industries including those seeking to diversify or value add to existing products;
- Assessing the current availability of Employment Lands;
- Assessing the demand for additional Employment Lands, and;
- Considering coordinated future amendments to the Narromine Local Environmental Plan 2011 to support employment generating land uses.
|Employment Lands Focus and Strategy1,027 KB|