Section 7.12 Developer Contributions
Section 7.12 of the EPA Act allows Council to impose, as a condition of development consent, a requirement that the applicant pay a levy of the percentage of the proposed cost of carrying out the development. This assists Council in providing public facilities and amenities which are required to maintain and enhance amenity and service delivery within the area. The plan allows for the contributions to be pooled and applied (progressively or otherwise) to be expended on the works identified in the Work Schedule of the 7.12 Contributions Plan.
The purpose of this Contributions Plan is:
- To authorise the Council to impose a condition on certain development consents and complying development certificates requiring the payment of a contribution pursuant to Section 7.12 of the Act;
- To require a certifying authority (the Council or an accredited private certifier) to impose, as a condition of issuing a complying development certificate, a requirement that the applicant pay to Council a levy determined in accordance with this Plan;
- To assist the Council to provide public facilities and amenities which are required to maintain and enhance amenity and service delivery within the area;
- To state the purposes for which the levies are required, and
- To provide for the governance of the contributions and their application in accordance with the Act and Regulations.
|Section 7.12 Developer Contributions Plan 2019|