Responsibilities of the General Manager
The General Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the Council and ensuring Council meets its strategic objectives. Four departments, overseen by the General Manager, manage the actions and activities of the Delivery Plan and Operational Plan to provide these services to our community.
General Manager's Department Functions Include;
Council’s General Manager has the following functions: -
- to conduct the day-to-day management of the council in accordance with the strategic plans, programs, strategies and policies of the council,
- to implement, without undue delay, lawful decisions of the council,
- to advise the Mayor and the governing body on the development and implementation of the strategic plans, programs, strategies and policies of the council,
- to advise the Mayor and the governing body on the appropriate form of community consultation on the strategic plans, programs, strategies and policies of the council and other matters related to the council,
- to prepare, in consultation with the Mayor and the governing body, the council's community strategic plan, community engagement strategy, resourcing strategy, delivery program, operational plan and annual report,
- to ensure that the Mayor and other councillors are given timely information and advice and the administrative and professional support necessary to effectively discharge their functions,
- to exercise any of the functions of the council that are delegated by the council to the General Manager,
- to appoint staff in accordance with the organisation structure determined under this Chapter and the resources approved by the council,
- to direct and dismiss staff,
- to implement the council's workforce management strategy,
- any other functions that are conferred or imposed on the General Manager by or under this or any other Act.