Child Safe Policy
Commitment to child safety and wellbeing
Narromine Shire Council is committed to our responsibility for keeping children and young people safe and ensuring they are respected and treated fairly.
Council plays a role in the prevention of abuse and contributes to the safety and well-being of children and young people that utilise Council’s various services and facilities including our:-
- Libraries, aquatic centres or recreation facilities
- Parks and playgrounds
- Programs and services or events
Council will work to embed the 10 Child Safe Standards into our leadership, governance and organisational culture.
Our Child Protection Policy provides the framework for Council staff, elected members, volunteers and representatives to create a child safe organisation.
The protection of children and young people is also the responsibility of the broader community.
If you need help now, call one of the following crisis services:
- For an emergency, call 000, to be connected to Police, Fire or Ambulance Services.
- If you think a child or young person is a risk of significant harm, contact the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.
- For private and confidential telephone counselling for people aged 5 to 25 years, contact the Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800
Visit the following websites for further information: