Council operates a 240L MGB kerbside waste collection service which occurs on a weekly basis. The collection of the waste has been contracted to JR Richards & Sons. Under the current contract, the contractor owns the bins and is responsible for the replacement or repair of damaged or stolen bins. Under this contract only bins with a red lid and NARROMINE SHIRE COUNCIL hot stamped on the front of the bin will be collected.
Bins should be placed out the night before for collection the following day.
There are changes to the kerbside waste collection service, which will come into effect July 1st 2018. All residents will be updated in coming
weeks. If you are a new resident or you have a damaged bin, please contact Customer Service on 6889 9999.
Learn more about your bin service here.
Who gets what?
The service levels of waste collection and processing to the LGA from July 2018 will incorporate a three bin service for the urban areas of Narromine, Tomingley and Trangie.
Provision of bins
- Supply and maintenance of garbage bin(s) is the responsibility of the property owner or tenant
- 240 litre size bins are acceptable
- The Contractor (JR Richards and Sons) are responsible for the replacement or repair of damaged or stolen bins
Bin placement for collection
- Have handles and wheels of your bin facing your house
- Place the bin on the footpath about half a metre from the back of kerb
- Place your recycling and garbage bins at least one metre apart and clear of cars, trees and other obstacles
- Don;t overfill your bin or place anything on top of your bin
- Place your bin out for collection the evening before
What cannot go in your bins
- Hot ashes
- Bulky or heavy yard and builders waste
- Chemical and liquids (eg solvents and paints)
- Toxic, corrosive or flammable materials
For residents outside Council's kerbside waste collection area, Council operates two (2) Waste Management Facilities (Narromine and Trangie) and one (1) Waste Transfer Station (Tomingley)
within the Narromine LGA.