Narromine Shire Local Government Election
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION VOTING INFORMATION
Local Government Elections will now be held on Saturday 4 December 2021.
- The NSW Minister for Local Government has published an order in the Gazette under section 318C of the Local Government Act 1993 (the Act) postponing all council elections to 4 December 2021.
- The decision to postpone all council elections has been made in response to the escalating outbreak to the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus in Greater Sydney and the potential for further outbreaks in regional areas.
- The decision has been made in consultation with and on the advice of the NSW Electoral Commission and NSW Health.
Narromine Shire Council elections are administered by the NSW Electoral Commission.
For more information about voting and enrolment visit the links below:
- Check your enrolment
- Enrol to vote
- Voting options
- Change your name or address
- NSW Electoral Commission
NON RESIDENTIAL ROLL
If you are NOT a resident, you may be entitled to vote if you own, occupy or lease property in the local area as a corporation, business or individual, and you are not already enrolled to vote as a resident of Narromine Shire Council. You must register with Narromine Shire Council, and it is your responsibility for checking that you are eligible for inclusion in the non residential roll for Narromine Shire Council when you make an application.
The application forms below are available to those electors seeking to apply for inclusion on the non-residential rolls. If you are eligible, please complete the appropriate form.
All forms must be completed and returned to Narromine Shire Council by Monday 25 October 2021.
|Non Residential Roll Individual Application OCTOBER 2021|
|Non Residential Roll Nominee Application (Template) OCTOBER 2021|
|Non Residential Roll INFORMATION 2021|
For more information about becoming a candidate, visit the links below.
- Process for becoming a candidate
- Information about political parties
- Third party campaigners
- Information for political donors
The NSW Government is committed to increasing female representation on local councils. Currently women only represent 31% of councillors serving on 128 local councils across the State.
|Election of Women to Local Government|
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES - LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS DECEMBER 2021
Interested people who would like to work at the December 2021 local government elections can submit an application through the Electoral Commission's ‘expression of interest’ website.
Information about the roles available can be found on the website LGE21 expression of interest website.
Please note that registering an expression of interest is not an offer of employment, and should not be interpreted as a guarantee that employment will be offered.
Applicants can work on the day (Saturday 4th December 2021) in a polling place, or for longer periods in a returning office or in one of the pre-poll voting centres.