Straying Stock

Council, NSW Police, and the Local Land Services (LLS) all have responsibilities with straying stock. When dealing with straying stock Council will endeavour to locate the owner to seek assistance with moving the livestock back onto the owners land. Occasionally, Council may require the assistance of a local landholder to house the stock safely until a stock transport vehicle can be arranged.

Impounded straying stock are taken to the Shelter until their owner can be located, and then claim the stock and pay Council the associated costs involved with impounding the stock. If no one claims the stock, the stock are sold at a public auction.

If you would like to report straying stock please call Council on 02 6889 9999 or the NSW Police on 13 14 44.