Living in the Shire
Be welcomed to a community that embraces a way of life that provides the perfect balance between work and lifestyle.
Narromine Shire provides an attractive option for those seeking a better lifestyle, whether it is reduced travel time, a relaxed rural lifestyle or the ability to spend more time with their families.
Local residents are highly involved in their community, making it easy for new families and singles to establish a network of friends through schools, sports and community groups. A variety of sporting and hobby clubs are active across the Shire – from extreme sports such as gliding to annual horse racing events, pony clubs, and more sedate interests such as fishing or arts and crafts.
Top notch sporting fields and facilities are a given in the community, with a sporting hero or two calling Narromine home.
Council provides library services in Narromine and Trangie, there is a strong interest in local history and a growing arts community provides cultural opportunities.
With nature-based activities in abundance, there will be no shortage of pursuits for you and your family to experience, regardless of your age or expertise.
Reasons to make Narromine Shire home:
- Enjoy a unique lifestyle that includes low-density housing
- Excellent retail, trade and financial services
- Access to modern public and private hospital
- Choice of local medical practitioners
- Outstanding sporting facilities
- Spectacular natural attractions
- A community with spirit and a sense of pride
- Rural communities and/or country lifestyle options
- Affordable housing
- Access to excellent education facilities
- A wonderful climate
- Outstanding sporting and family friendly facilities and activities