Economic Development Strategy
Economic development is about improving the economic wellbeing of a community through attraction of employment generating investment, leading to improved quality of life.
The Narromine Shire Council Economic Development Strategy (EDS) 2018 - 2021 represents a fresh and coordinated approach to improving the economic wellbeing of the Narromine region, leading to an improved quality of life for residents and an enhanced experience for visitors to the Shire.
The Economic Development Strategy incorporates objectives and strategies which aim to achieve a united vision for the region’s economic growth, by strengthening the economic base of the Narromine Shire. The Economic Development Strategy focuses on creating a framework for enhanced growth and development across key economic sectors including agriculture, retail, aviation, transport and tourism.
The creation and nurturing of partnerships and alliances with all tiers of government, business,investment and industry is an essential element which will assist in achieving the Shire’s vision for economic growth.
To stimulate economic growth, Narromine Shire Council has implemented a focussed economic development strategy that:
- aligns local, regional, state, national and international strategies;
- will become a pillar in the strategic direction of the Shire;
- builds and participates in partnerships and collaborations with business and industry;
- provides guidance for education and training providers, business groups, community organisations, Government, authorities and regional organisation; and
- will continue to be updated through the latest research on current and future industry trends, gaps and deficits and plans for future growth.
The Strategy recognises Council’s ongoing commitment to provide high quality services, programs and events for businesses and the community.
|Economic Development Strategy|