Public Service Announcement
Narromine Shire Council wishes to advise that under Schedule 8 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2010 that all burning of any materialis prohibited within the Narromine Shire except with approval.
- this is not applicable to any burning off as a result of an agriculture activity. E.g. burning off of stubble, etc.
- that failure to obtain a permit and/or comply with the requirements with the permit may result in an on-the-spot penalty notice of $550 being issued.
- should the Fire Authorities deem that the open burning, including Bonfires, is a risk to the property or public safety then the fire maybe extinguished.
- that under the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2010, a person who burns anything by open fire or in an incinerator must do so by such practicable means as are necessary to prevent or minimise air pollution.
Considering the potential impact on not only the amenity of the immediate neighbours, the community as a whole and on the environment, it should be noted that Council is unlikely to approve any application to allow for an open burning (burning off) to occur particularly within the boundaries of the towns or villages within the Narromine Shire.
All enquires in regard burning off in town and/or village areas should be directed to Council’s Community and Regulatory Services on 6889 9999. All enquiries in regard to areas outside the township & village areas (rural) should be directed to the Orana Office of NSW Rural Fire Services on 6881 3900.
PSA: Open burning public notice84 KB
Pesticide Use Notification
Noxious Weed Control
In accordance with part 5 of the Pesticide Regulation 2009, Narromine Shire Council wishes to inform the community of the following pesticide use by staff on Council property. (Please note the time periods indicate the planned duration, but activities may occasionally occur outside each period)
7th May 2017 to 30th November 2018
- Road & laneway verges
- Drains & other easements
- Macquarie & Bogan River foreshores
- Sporting Ovals
Control of Weeds: African Boxthorn, Bathurst & Noogoora Burr, Galvanised Burr, Johnson Grass, Tiger Pear, Coolatai Grass, Green Cestrum, St Johns Wort, Bridal Creeper, Silverleaf Nightshade, Spiny Burr Grass, Blue Heliotrope.
- Grazon Extra ( 300 g/L Triclopyr, 100 g/L Picloram, 8 g/L Aminopyralid )
- Safari 600EC ( 600 g/L Triclopyr )
- Pulse ( 1020 g/L Polyether modified polysiloxane )
- Enviro Dye ( Diazo Dyestuff )
- Wipe-out Accelerate ( 540 g/L Glyphosate )
- Brushoff ( 600g/kg Metsulfuron-methyl )
- 2-4D Amine 625 ( 625g/L 2-4D Present as Dimethylamine and DiethanolamineSalts)
Signage will be displayed whilst application is taking place and will remain there until the re-entry period has expired (if applicable) in accordance with the Narromine Shire Councils Pesticide Use Notification Plan.
For further information contact Narromine Shire Councils Manager Health, Building & Environmental Services Guy Marchant (02) 6889 9999
PSA: Pesticide Use Notification155 KB
- Road & laneway verges
Water Restrictions Continue
Level 2 Water Restrictions will continue until further notice in Narromine only in accordance with the odds and evens scheme as per below.
Watering of lawns and gardens
Use of Sprinkler system limited to: 6am - 9am and 7pm - 10pm. In accordance with the odds and evens scheme. Hand heldhoses and buckets at any time.
Washing down of paved/concrete surfaces
These surfaces are not to be washed down during water restrictions.
Pools may be topped up with a hand held hose and all pools must have a cover that is being used.
Must use a bucket with a trigger hose to rinse off the vehicle.
Home Extensions/ Landscaping
Only trigger hoses are to be used during these works.
Washing of Clothes
Residents to be encouraged to wash only in full loads.
Use of Evap Coolers
Fountains and Ponds
All fountains to be turned off. Ponds may continue to be topped up.
For tips on saving water click here
PSA: Water Restrictions to continue252 KB