Public Service Announcement
CCTV - Safer Street CCTV Program
The installation of the CCTV network in the Narromine main street is now complete. Please be aware of the additional street surveillance. These cameras have been made possible through the NSW Community Safety Fund.
Narromine Library Closed for building Maintenance
Please be advised, Narromine Library will be closed for building maintenance from Saturday 22 June, and will reopen on Thursday, 27 June.During this time library items can be returned to Narromine Shire Council Customer Service Centre at 120 Dandaloo Street, Narromine.Please note that Rhymetime on 21 and 28 June and Storytime on 26 June will also be cancelled.Your Online Library is always open. Visit mrl.nsw.gov.au
Narromine Shire Council wishes to advise that under Schedule 8 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2010 that all burning of any materialis prohibited within the Narromine Shire except with approval.
- this is not applicable to any burning off as a result of an agriculture activity. E.g. burning off of stubble, etc.
- that failure to obtain a permit and/or comply with the requirements with the permit may result in an on-the-spot penalty notice of $550 being issued.
- should the Fire Authorities deem that the open burning, including Bonfires, is a risk to the property or public safety then the fire maybe extinguished.
- that under the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2010, a person who burns anything by open fire or in an incinerator must do so by such practicable means as are necessary to prevent or minimise air pollution.
Considering the potential impact on not only the amenity of the immediate neighbours, the community as a whole and on the environment, it should be noted that Council is unlikely to approve any application to allow for an open burning (burning off) to occur particularly within the boundaries of the towns or villages within the Narromine Shire.
All enquires in regard burning off in town and/or village areas should be directed to Council’s Community and Regulatory Services on 6889 9999. All enquiries in regard to areas outside the township & village areas (rural) should be directed to the Orana Office of NSW Rural Fire Services on 6881 3900.
PSA: Open burning public notice84 KB
- Selling or giving away a cat or dog - The rules have changed
Water Restrictions Continue
Level 3 Water Restrictions have been implemented in Narromine only. With the increase in water consumption and predicted hot weather for the next couple of weeks, Council has increased its Water Restrictions for Narromine to Level 3 on midnight, 2 January 2019 until further notice. For more information, visit https://www.narromine.nsw.gov.au/environment/water-restrictions