The latest updates regarding the operations and delivery of our Region's and Councils businesses, attractions, events and services.
In accordance with Government regulations, our Region's businesses, attractions and events are currently making decisions based on their operations. To reduce disappointment and confusion, it is suggested that you contact businesses, events and tourist attractions directly. We encourage our local community to support each other during this time.
Narromine Shire Council Businesses and Services;
To align with the NSW Governments restrictions and to protect Council staff the following Council businesses and services are being affected;
- Narromine and Trangie Aquatic Centre – Closed for the winter season
- Narromine Shire Council Depots (Narromine and Trangie) – Closed to the public
- Community Halls - Closed
- Showground Facilities - Closed to casual hirers
The following services and facilities are open. Residents are encouraged to maintain 1.5 social distancing.
- Customer Services and Payments Centre
- Narromine Sports and Fitness Centre
- Narromine and Trangie Libraries
- Outdoor playgrounds and skateparks
- Outdoor BBQ Facilities
- Outdoor gym equipment
- Parks and sporting grounds for sporting activities (up to 10 people)
The following Council services are not affected at this time and are continuing as normal;
- Waste Facilities and Waste Transfer Stations
- Water and Sewer services
- Rubbish Collection
- Planning and Health Survey functions
- Parks and Gardens upkeep (please note, due to a number of closures the level of maintenance may decrease)
- Public toilets (subject to review)
Visitor Information Centres;
- Narromine Visitors Information Centre, Narromine Aviation Museum - OPEN
- Trangie Visitors Information Centre, Wungunja Cultural Centre - OPEN
3-Step Framework for a COVIDsafe Australia.
The Australia Government has implemented a 3-step framework to assist States and Territories in relaxing restrictions. The community is encouraged to;
- Maintain 1.5m distancing
- Maintain good hygiene
- Stay home if unwell
- Frequently clean and disinfect communal areas
- COVIDsafe plan for workplaces and premises
The steps are all subject to expert health advice and can be implemented based on the current COVID-19 conditions in each State and Territory.
- STEP 1: The important first small steps - connect with friends and family - allowing groups of people to be together in homes and in the community. Businesses reopen, and more people return to work.
- STEP 2: Building on slightly larger gatherings and more businesses reopening. Higher risk activities may have tighter restrictions.
- STEP 3: A commitment to reopening of business and the community with minimal restrictions, but underpinned by COVIDsafe ways of living.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of our community and visitors. Please be vigilant in personal hygiene, social distancing and stay home if you are feeling unwell. Take care of yourself and our community's most vulnerable.
- For more information on COVID-19, please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/infectious/diseases/pages/coronavirus.aspx
- For awareness posters visit www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- For information and support for individuals and families visit www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/coronavirus-covid-19-information-and-support
Business Information and Resources;
- For Small Business Information and Resources to help manage small business during the crisis and into the recovery phase visit www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/get-help/covid-19-coronavirus-information-small-business-owners
- For business related information regarding Federal Government Support for businesses including employees, stimulus, tax information and other financial assistance visit https://business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
- For business related information regarding State Government support for businesses including tax information and other financial assistance visit www.treasury.nsw.gov.au/health-and-economic-stimulus-package
- For online COVID-19 infection control training specific to care workers across all health care settings www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-infection-control-training
- For business resources, posters and other information https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-campaign-resources
- For business information and to register for FREE business information in Business Australia visit www.businessaustralia.com/membership/email-registration?post_login_redirect=https://www.businessaustralia.com/